They give you training, software, and support for your call center, as well as a network of reliable clients that you can work with.
To be clear, this post is not another one of those negative arise work-from-home reviews, and I’m not here to cause concern about Arise virtual solutions. This review will be honest, however, and I hope that you find this review helpful.
Before You Buy
Here’s the thing. Almost all of these courses that online gurus are selling make them rich and you tired. I’m not saying that you can’t make money online with a program like this, but what I am saying is that you will have to dedicate a decent portion of your life to doing so. At least at first.
Read this post to the end to see how you can gain financial independence and live life on your own terms.
This post is a breakdown of the experience one person had with the arise work-from-home system.
Agents spend their days (and sometimes nights) answering phones, helping customers with problems, and sometimes responding to emails and chats from clients. There is a lot of work but the bottom line is that you are basically a freelance contractor for Arise.
Arise Work From Home Process
Arise requires some initial steps. Registration requires an application and a basic skills assessment with questions and a voice test. If you pass, you must request a background check and sign a non-disclosure agreement.
After passing the certification course, you must incorporate a firm in your state. IncFile or IncAuthority are good LLC formation services because they simply charge the state filing fee. Set up a separate bank account for Arise payments.
The usual home office setup includes a computer, a dedicated phone line or VOIP line, a good headset, and a fast internet connection. Customer service calls require a quiet home space.
These may seem excessive, but they protect you, Arise, and your clients as a legal independent business owner. They also provide tech support when you are getting set up.
After setup, you can accept clients. Before working with clients, you must take more training. Depending on complexity and length, training costs $50–250. Unpaid training lasts weeks.
Arise recommends $250–$770 starting costs and $124 monthly fees.
You’re usually paid for the time you spend with clients, not “on the clock.” Depending on the client, hourly charges are $10–$20.
The direct deposit occurs biweekly.
Pros of Arise Virtual Services
- Some of the benefits of working with Arise include:
- They bring the clients to you.
- The hardest part when you work for yourself is to find your own clients.
- Arise is well-established with a good reputation.
- You can pick and choose your clients.
- This is one of the great things about working for yourself.
- And with Arise, you can have multiple clients.
- The business requirements set you up completely legitimately.
- By being set up as an LLC and having a separate business account for your finances, you’re forced to keep your business money separate from your personal money — which will make this part of your taxes much easier and be an extreme benefit if you ever have to deal with the IRS.
- Talk to a tax professional to get any questions answered.
- They have all the training you need available.
- There’s no guesswork about your qualifications or how to be qualified.
- You can hire people to work under you.
- Many Arise IBOs do this and take a cut of that person’s earnings.
- That person is contracting with you.
- It’s working from home.
- With Arise, you can set your own working hours, which gives you access to a flexible schedule of your choosing.
- You can even work the third shift if that’s what’s best for you — and often this means extra incentives from the companies that hire you.
- Just keep in mind that once you agree to a work schedule, you need to stick with it.
Cons of Arise Work from Home
As with anything, Arise isn’t necessarily something that will work out for everyone.
Before you dive in headfirst, here are a few reasons why you should give it some serious consideration:
- Training costs money. This is one of the reasons Arise gets a bad reputation — they charge for their training. Arise training is unpaid and usually runs for several weeks.
- This isn’t training you can use to further your work-at-home career outside of Arise. This is because they make you sign an NDA.
- Most other customer service companies will train you for free.
- In many cases, they will pay you for your time.
- There are recurring fees, too.
- They aren’t much — about $40/month — but you do have to pay a monthly fee to remain a part of Arise.
- The rates are low when you figure in the costs.
- That’s comparable to most remote customer service agent opportunities, but you have to keep in mind you are also paying a monthly fee plus training costs.
- If you live anywhere else, you won’t be able to work for Arise.
- The work can be seasonal.
- Such is the nature of call center work, but know that sometimes your clients will come and go.
- Arise isn’t much different from other work-at-home virtual call center jobs.
- Each client usually has a minimum number of hours you need to work each week.
But What if there is a Better Business Model?
A business model with low risk, low start-up cost, affordable maintenance, traffic targeting, adaptability, and an extremely high ROI.
…and best of all No Clients!
I am here to tell you that the above model is not too good to be true. In fact, it’s what I’m using to make thousands per month with this one site.
Let me introduce you to affiliate marketing!
An affiliate marketing business is extremely easy to start.
As a new affiliate marketer, you are simply recommending products to others. The only money you need to spend will be to set up your website if you choose to buy a paid website. Low investment is one of the most popular reasons to become an affiliate marketer.
There is literally an unending list of products to sell.
Almost anything that can be bought has an affiliate marketing program.
The best part of becoming an affiliate marketer is that there are no contracts, no sales calls and you can work whenever you feel like it.
What Does Arise Offer?
You are not going to be hired on as an employee of Arise, which is the single most critical point that needs to be made clear.
Instead, you will be your own boss and will essentially be investing in a company that will build working relationships with clients, handle your billing and payment collection, and provide you with the necessary training and software to do your task.
When you become a member of the Arise platform, you are essentially a self-employed independent contractor who is in charge of your own program.
When customers find out more information about Arise, the initial charges are typically the first thing that causes them to become skeptical.
It is rather usual for people to assert that any work-from-home system that requires you to pay in order to get started is a scam.
Even though this is the truth in a lot of situations (which is why the piece of advice is so common), it is by no means accurate in each and every circumstance. In my opinion, Arise is one of the (very few) valid exceptions to the rule.
Will I make Money?
There is a significant amount of unpaid time at the start.
A work-from-home job may seem amazing, but if you aren’t making money what is the point?
Also, as a contractor, it’s up to you to pay for all of your own costs, such as equipment and training.
Technically, you are NOT an Arise employee. You are a self-employed contractor. Eventually, you will make money, but you need to get a lot of experience first.
Starting A Home Business as an Independent Contractor
Working for Arise is similar to purchasing a mini-franchise. They give you courses, software, central support, and marketing (through a client network)… However, you must pay for it.
And, like with most franchises, you may own the company, but you’re not the boss. The franchisor has complete control over what you can and cannot do, as well as how you do it.
So Arise is legitimate… However, it is not for everyone.
If you want regular work with a guaranteed salary and benefits, this is probably not the place for you.
Does Arise hire in New York City?
Your business can be incorporated in any U.S. state (even if it is not your state of residence). From their FAQ you can see thought that they are not currently doing business with businesses located in the following states: California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, or Wisconsin.
Should I become an Independent Contractor?
Being a contractor comes with a variety of benefits that should not be ignored. When compared to traditional employment, contract labor affords its participants a higher degree of autonomy and, in the eyes of many, a higher sense of job security.
There will be less time spent commuting, less time spent in meetings, less time spent dealing with office politics, and more time for you to work the hours that are most convenient for you and your lifestyle.
Is this a Good Business Opportunity?
One opportunity could change your life. I recommend that you check out the arise website and search for some arise reviews to see if you can make money working for them.
What Is My Top Online Money-Making Strategy?
Well first I should let you know that I’ve experimented with all of the major online business models:
- I’ve used Amazon FBA to sell cornhole accessories.
- On Shopify, I dropped-shipped iPhone Chargers.
- I’ve even used Clickbank to sell women’s health supplements.
And I made money with all of them, so believe me when I say there is no such thing as a “perfect” business model.
It’s worth noting that I wholeheartedly support real estate investing as a means of building wealth, which is why I invest my own money in commercial and residential real estate.
That being said, affiliate marketing is hands-down my #1 recommendation for making real money online as a beginner.
Top Reasons to Become an Affiliate Marketer
Whether you’re a total newbie or have been around the block but never had that “big win” to propel you forward, becoming an affiliate marketer is the by far the best thing you can do to gain financial independence.
Basically No Startup Costs
An affiliate marketing business is extremely easy to start and costs very little.
As an affiliate marketer, all you do is suggest products to other people. You aren’t making anything. If you buy a paid website, the only money you will need to spend is to set it up.
You can even use a free platform like WordPress to host your affiliate marketing site. If you don’t know much about how to set up a website technically, you can pay someone to do it for you for a small fee.
Endless Products to Choose From
There is an infinite number of products to recommend to people.
Almost every product available for purchase has an affiliate marketing program. If you get tired of writing about one type of product, you can easily switch to another.
When you become an affiliate marketer, you are not required to sign a contract requiring you to market only specific products. You have complete control over the products that will be marketed.
Literally, the hardest part of any business is managing clients. With affiliate marketing, clients are no longer necessary to make sales.
You Will Be Your Own Boss
Affiliate marketers are self-employed. You set work hours. You can pick your workspace and project. You can choose and change the products you sell.
Truly Passive Income
Once the upfront work is complete, you can sit back and collect paychecks with minimal effort. This frees you up to either build a new revenue stream or relax and do whatever you want.
If you think you have what it takes to learn the system, stick with it and work through the business requirements, then Arise may be a good fit for you. If you are not interested in recurring fees, unpaid training, or signing and NDA, then this may not be for you.
If you liked this review, please leave a comment below and let us know.